Built in 1908, this impressive gothic-revival structure with classic brownstone exterior is a landmark structure in downtown Pensacola. Home to three of our Sunday morning services, the sanctuary seats approximately 600. Remodeled in 2001, the sanctuary now is home to one of the largest pipe organs in the area, containing 4,153 individual pipes. Over 100 individual sections of beautiful restored stained glass frame the building with light. In 2008 the centennial cornerstone time capsule was opened. Its contents are now on display in the Governor Perry Home. A new time capsule was also placed, to be opened in 2108.
Governor Perry Home
Built in 1867, by Charles Boyson, this neo-greco styled home was later purchased and completed by Edward Perry, governor of Florida. Acquired by the church in 2008, the historic Governor Perry Home has been restored to include a number of meeting spaces, classrooms and and the Perry Home Coffee House.
Wesley Abbey is home to our newest Sunday service called ICON. Originally built by the Scottish Rite Masons in 1955, Wesley Abbey was remodeled in 2008 and now includes state-of-the-art audio, video and lighting and seats approximately 350. Wesley Abbey is directly behind the Governor Perry Home and is connected by a central lobby. A north lobby on Belmont Street with covered connector to the main church building was also added to provided greater connectivity as a campus. ICON will eventually relocate to a larger room on the second floor, which will seat 600.
Main Lobby / Administration
Constructed in 2001, the main lobby provides quick access to the majority of our campus. The church office is located directly ahead once entering through the main lobby. Elevator and stair access is available to the four floors of the main building. In the basement you will find our exhaustive church library and multiple classrooms. The ground floor has offices and access to The Wright Place, Henry Roberts Activity Center and the Children’s Education Building. The second floor provides access to the Sanctuary, Chapel, and Sr. Pastor’s study. The third floor contains our music ministry, with large choir rehearsal room, handbells and more.
The Wright Place and Henry Robert’s Activity Center
In the early 1980’s, First Church acquired the Rhodes-Collins Furniture company and renovated the building and attached warehouse to be used as a mutlipurpose fellowship hall. Wednesday Night Dinners, large gatherings and other events are held in The Wright Place. The Henry Robert’s Activity Center is used for general recreation for preschool, children and youth and events.
Children’s Education Building
Built in 1951, the two story Children’s Education Building is home to our children’s ministry program. On the first floor, the nursery, classrooms, and our full-day preschool, Methodist Children’s Academy can be found. The second floor contains our children’s library, children’s worship room, classrooms, children’s director’s office and more.
Originally the Fisher-Pou Funeral Home, First Church acquired and renovated the two story building in 2000 to house our growing Youth Ministries. The first floor contains a lobby, large gathering room, cafe, kitchen and youth director’s office. The second floor has a game room and multiple classroom for Sunday School and small groups.
Noah’s Ark Learning Center
Our full day preschool, Noah’s Ark Learning Center, is located directly behind the Henry Roberts Activity Center at the corner of Belmont and Guillemard. A preschool playground and additional parking are located next to the building.
Outreach Ministry Center In May, 2000 First Church acquired the building formerly owned by an independent church. The Outreach Ministry Center is now home to adult Sunday School classes, a non-profit recovery organization, Suit Yourself (clothes closet for underprivileged women entering the work force), and our Feeding the Hungry Program. Feeding the Hungry provides hot meals for over 100 of the areas homeless twice a week.